Sunday, April 17, 2011

The Sanctimony of the Right and the Left

MOOOOOM!!!!!
I must admit a certain battle fatigue from my time in Twitter.  There is so much time wasted on both sides, right and left, with the moral equivalent of,
"MOOOOOOM!!! TOMMY HIT MEEEEEE!"
"SUSIE HIT ME FIRRRRRRST!!!"
"DID NOT!"
"DID TO!"
"NAAH AHHH!"
"AHH HAHHHH!"
A long running back and forth of who did what to whom and when.

  • Some Union protester had a sign that said Walker = Hitler!
  • Some Tea Party protester had a sign that had Obama as a witch doctor!
  • Some Union proteser said called me a "fascist!"
  • Some Tea Party protester called me a "dirty hippy!"
  • Some Union protester go chocolate in my peanut butter!
  • Some Tea Party protester got peanut butter on my chocolate!
You get the idea. These childish antics serve nothing more than to distract us from the important policy debates that we are not having. The debate as to whether we are going to live in a country that provides for the sick and needy or a Galtian dystopia where only those lucky enough to wield the reins of capital will prosper.  I know which one I vote for.

No comments:

Post a Comment