|Zeigen Sie mir Ihre Papiere. Schnell.|
The Tea Party would like to see your papers. Now.
- Voter IDs must be free for all
- Voter IDs must be ubiquitously available
- Voter IDs must be available to acquire at malls, grocery stores, community centers, churches, temples, synagogs, government buildings, etc.
- Voter IDs must be available to acquire nights and weekends
- Voter IDs must be good for a minimum of 10 years
With these requirements fulfilled, I think that Voter ID might work. Of coures, there's no evidence that we have a problem in need of solving here, but since the people pushing this don't operate in the fact-based world, who's really surprised? Their goal isn't clean elections, after all, it's a sophisticated, multi-state racist, anti-democratic voter caging scheme designed to disenfranchise inner city residents, hispanics and now students. But then who's really surprised about that, either? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?